One of my most-repeated prayers right now is, "God, show me your timing. Let me rest in knowing your time is perfect. Don't let me get in the way."
So I got to practice that today. I was blessed with a day off, and my list of things to do for Brazil was lengthy. It took up more space than Franklin Covey allowed for one day (my planner goes by his full name). I went to bed early-ish last night, prepared to rest well, wake at 5:30 like normal, have great quiet time, meet friends for coffee at 6:30, and get started on the list.
But...at 3:00 I woke up with an amazing pain in my stomach, which escalated to the point of me almost passing out. I called my mom, and thankfully, she only lives about 4 minutes away. I spent the next hour and a half curled in the fetal position, calling on the name of Jesus, asking Him to take this away. Mom asked if I wanted to go to the ER, but I couldn't imagine moving, so I stayed put. Around five this morning, the extreme cramping ceased, so I packed a small bag to take to Mom and Dad's, and headed there to sleep for awhile.
Needless to say, my day revolved around a short visit with a friend, a doctor's visit, and ultrasound. All is well, but now I get to find a specialist to help figure out what the deal is.
In all this, I kept thinking about my list of things that were not being accomplished. I quickly tossed those thoughts away, and instead focused on a few positives: I have insurance. I budgeted extra for a medical adventure this year (I learned from last year's experience). I have friends and family who were willing to leave their jobs to come and support me today, as the news of what it could have been would have been a major emotional experience. I am blessed with a great doctor who knows where to send me. My God's timing is perfect, and my list will be accomplished in His time, not mine.
Wow, a lot to be thankful for this gorgeous, sunny, almost 80 degree day! Thank you God for letting me see your hand working in my life, and for pouring out your blessings on this day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment