Saturday, March 10, 2007

Overcome

I clicked on my own profile this morning, and I scrolled down to see what my friends' pictures look like against the new background. (Yep, I care about stuff like that...) Then my song started playing, and I sat staring at my friends and listening to the words."Blessed be your name, in the land that is plentiful, where your streams of abundance flow, blessed be your name. And blessed be your name, when I'm found in the desert place, though I walk through the wilderness, blessed be your name. Every blessing you pour out, I'll turn back to praise, and when the darkness closes in Lord, still I will say...Blessed be the name of the Lord."I realized in that moment, how much God has truly blessed me through my friends. How I live in the land of plentiful with them every day. I am blessed abundantly, more than I could ever ask or imagine, through my friends. I remember walking through that seeming desert place of friendship in college. Now, I live in the abundance of God's provision of friends. Each one so very different, each one playing such a different role in my life, in my daily existence. Some of my friends are steady rocks, not saying much, but always always there. Others bring balance and sanity to my breathless world, and are willing to listen until their ears hurt, and then offer loving wisdom without ever judging. Others tell it like it is, and aren't afraid to tell me I'm being irrational, silly, whatever. And belive it or not, some of them are all of the above, depending on what I need from them, and knowing they'll give me exactly what I need. And when I thought about all these different aspects of my friendships, I realized that God has given me the perfect balance in all of them. Wow...needless to say, I'm suddenly in awe of my Creator God this morning, quite unexpectedly. Who am I that I should be so blessed? I guess I get to learn a lesson in God's infinite grace today. I'm going to post this, and then ponder that one for awhile.

No comments: