Monday, December 31, 20072007 updateA whole year has passed since I set my resolutions, and I thought I'd go back and take a look at them and see how I did. So here is last year's stuff, posted on January 2nd, 2007.____________________________________________________________
I have nothing profound to say about the new year, except that I always want everything to start out clean and shiny, and put away, but I never quite get there. So I start the year disappointed. BUT not this year. I am going to be content with a half-way cleaned up apartment, and clean clothes that aren't put away yet.I don't usually do resolutions, but this year I am going to work on some things.
1. I'm going to work on not over-analyzing everything people say and do. It's too darn exhausting, and I'm tired of being that way.
2. I'm going to keep eating healthy. I read Ellen DeGeneres's resolutions, and she said to write ones like this. That I'll keep doing something that I'm already doing. I like that, so there it is.
3. I'm going to work on living unselfishly. I'm going to try to be what my friends need, and focus on that, rather than on what I need from them.I think that's all. That's weird that I ended at 3. I don't really like that number. Okay, here's 4.
4. I'm not going to let odd numbers, especially prime numbers, bother me as much. In fact, I'm tempted to write 3 more resolutions, but that would be way too many. Yep, it's bedtime for Angie!
____________________________________________________________
I did ok at 1, better than I ever have before. I'm not all the way there yet, but then again I'm human, and am allowed room for error.As for 2, I continued to eat healthy most of the time, and have a much healthier outloook on eating in general. I also started being more active by attending aerobic kickboxing classes. Not quite to hardbody status, but inconsistently working on it.Living unselfishly, I think I have a better grasp of what that looks like also. I'll be writing about that one more later, but I'm glad that was part of my resolutions.And sadly for odd numbers, I still struggle with that one. My friends know this and try to help, and it's not terrible, but if that's the thing I'm struggling with out of that list, that's ok with me.Now on to 2008...I'll have to resolve to write some later. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment