Tuesday, June 5, 2007

June 5, 2007

I haven't been great at blogging recently. I haven't had the energy or time to share details here. But I'll give it a shot this morning...it'll ramble, so read at your own risk.I leave tomorrow (Wed. june 6) morning for Brazil. I have mixed feelings about leaving right now. Part of me wants to curl up in my bed and regain some emotional energy that's been spent in the past few weeks. Last week was the end of one of the most amazing school years ever. And I should be excited and thankful, and many other things that I really am not. I don't feel prepared for this trip. Physically, yes. Mentally, almost. Emotionally, nope. That leaves me anxious for what is about to be. But I have an amazing group of high schoolers who are going, and they are all so excited, and that is what carries me on right now.My nephew is growing every day. I went with Katie last week for another ultrasound, and he weighs about 1.7 pounds right now, still long and skinny. We saw his profile and the part that makes him a boy again. We also did the 4D part, but all he gave us was a leg. That's okay, it's a beautiful, perfect leg! We start Lamaze classes later this summer, which I am totally looking forward to. I'm just so blessed to be part of this with my sister!Mom and Dad are in Hawaii on a trip of a lifetime. Yesterday was Mom's birthday, and they went horseback riding. Something spooked the horse Mom was riding, and it threw her off. She landed on her wrist, foot, and ribs. All was okay except her foot, which has a shattered bone--broken in at least 4 places. She's in a soft cast until they come home, and then will see an orthopedic surgeon to see what needs to happen next. Let's trust God for no surgery! I'm just so thankful she's okay, and I can't help but thinking that God was saving her from something else on this trip by laying her up like this. Thanks God for knowing the best plan!My list of things to do today is growing by the second, and for some reason, I'm feeling like I need to actually, physically, be on my knees praying right now. So I'm wrapping this up, and I'm going to be obedient. Strange, I usually don't feel that need. I'll post something when I get home from Brazil. If you want to see what I'll be doing, check one of my first blogs. There's a link to a video, and you can see the places I'll be and some of the people I'll be with. God's peace, Angie

No comments: