Saturday, October 7, 2006
God's Hands
I was choosing pictures to post today, and came across one taken this summer in Brazil. I first met Josue when the mission group I was travelling with stopped at an orphanage in Gramado. On a bench sat this sweet young boy, and so I decided to sit down next to him, or rather, on him. He scooted away, which only made me scoot closer. We continued this for several minutes until he realized I was joking around. Then he scooted back towards me, and spent the next hour at my side. He showed me the different parts of the orphanage, holding my hand, and leading me around. I met his younger brother, Jefferson, and saw where he eats, sleeps, and plays. What an amazing place this orphanage is! These children are well-provided for, loved by their caregivers, and taught about God's great love for them. I knew that God had crossed my path with Josue's, and as I felt that tug on my heart, I knew that I wanted to be part of Josue's "family". I agreed to sponsor him with a monthly donation, and I am able to write to him whenever I want! I am so blessed to have this opportunity to love a child I've met only once, yet is forever part of who I am now. If you would like more information about the Brazil Mission Society (the organization that coordinates the sponsoring of these great kiddos) visit http://www.brazilmissionsociety.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment